Yes, that means if you have basic computer literacy, fluent in the English language and a computer with an internet connection, then you can make money while you are staying at your home.
So, let me clear one thing first. Yes, I promised you that this is not just another article that made to earn money from Google AdSense. I wrote this article because I know how hard it is to stay at home and doing nothing.
So, let’s start to learn now. First, I will sort a list of legitimate ways that can be used to make money online. But remember these are the methods that I know at this moment. They can be having a lot of other ways to earn money online. Here is the list;
Very important Note:
Most of these online money-making websites are sending their payment via PayPal. Because of that, it is a very important thing to know whether your country is supported by PayPal for the money receiving feature or not. You can check this by visiting https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside. If your country is not supported by PayPal payment receiving, Just read your selected websites support documents regarding payments to learn other payment methods these websites supported likes, Wire Transfer and Direct Bank Deposit to send your payments.
1. Freelancing or Outsourcing
In this way, you should need to set-up a great profile of yours in one of the popular freelancing websites with the skill and competencies you are having. Then other people can find you on those websites and they invite you to do their work.
Most of these freelancing websites provide online job listing so you can use those to find batter jobs for you. After finding a suitable job online you need to write a great proposal to get that job.
Then if your client has interesting to work with you, he or she will interview you via online communication platforms to make sure that you are the right one for them. Then if they accept your proposal, your client will send all the instructions you need to complete your client work.
After successfully completing the client work you can submit your completed work to the client and the client will send your payment to you via popular online payment gateways likes PayPal.
Here are some popular websites that provide free legitimate freelancing/outsourcing services;
- Upwork - FREE TO JOIN - https://www.upwork.com : Upwork is also known as “Odesk” and “elance”. The biggest global freelancing website. With the millions of jobs posting, freelancers are earning money by providing companies with over 5,000 skills across more than 70 categories of work. I’m using this website to work from home and I will provide you an example later in this article.
Video Introduction to Upwork
- Casting Words Workshop - FREE TO JOIN - https://workshop.castingwords.com : It’s very simple. Casting Words provide you a recorded MP3 file. What you need to do is listen to it and type it. Its called “Transcribing”. So in this website, you can transcribe, edit, and complete other short jobs online, at your own pace. Work as much or as little as you want, when you want. No fees - we pay you, you don't pay us. Casting Words only hires freelancers at The Casting Words Workshop, and on Upwork. All other offers are a fraud. Before you start to work please check whether your country is supported to have the payment by visiting this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside. This service is not applicable to Sri Lankans because still, PayPal does not support money receiving for Sri Lankan accounts.
Video Introduction to Casting Words Workshop
CrowdSurf - FREE TO JOIN - https://crowdsurfwork.com : Do you enjoy writing and reading? Are you looking to make a little extra cash on the side or maybe you are a student who needs flexible work? Then you can work with CrowdSurf. CrowdSurf is pleased you would like to learn more about CrowdSurf. CrowdSurf takes pride in providing on-demand transcription and captioning services that make online media more accessible and enjoyable for deaf and hard of hearing as well as second language users. CrowdSurf process a variety of online media (ranging from exclusive interviews to popular cartoons) and CrowdSurf needs your help to create clean verbatim transcripts! - Not supported Sri Lankans becuase of the payments withdrawiing methord.
Introduction Video to CrowdSurf Work
QA World Transcription - FREE TO JOIN - https://app.qa-world.com : If you have good typing skills and a strong command of English. You will be producing high-quality transcripts of audio calls using this website. You need to have access to a computer (laptop or desktop), internet access, and headphones to work with QA World transcription service. This website provides work from home with flexible hours, at your own pace. This service is not applicable to Sri Lankans because still, PayPal does not support money receiving for Sri Lankan accounts.
Introduction Video to QA World Transcription
- REV - FREE TO JOIN - https://www.rev.com/freelancers : With REV.COM you can earn online money work from home by transcribing and captioning (Listernng to audios or watch videos and type what you hear to earn money). REV freelancing jobs allow you to work as much or as little as you want, whenever you want. You can enjoy selecting from a variety of projects that actually interest you. REV vast network of customers means a steady stream of freelancing jobs to choose from. You can receive weekly payouts via PayPal for all work completed. Rev is on-time and dependable.
Introduction Video to REV
- User Testing - FREE TO JOIN - https://www.usertesting.com : With User Testing you can get paid to share your opinions and experiences. Influence the biggest brands, latest technologies, and innovative companies while earning a little extra spending money in your spare time.
Introduction Video to User Testing
- Validately - FREE TO JOIN - https://validately.com : With Validately you can make money for every test you take. You'll be asked to complete a set of tasks, speak your thoughts aloud, and answer questions regarding a website or app.
Introduction Video to Validately
- Fiverr - FREE TO JOIN - http://www.fiverr.com : Fiverr is another popular outsourcing or freelancing website. But in here you should create something called “Gig”. Gig is a marketing method for your services. If you create a good Gig as a Seller, Buyers will find you and request you work for them. But as in Upwork, Sellers can’t select the job postings of buyers and write a specific proposal to win the job. If you have specific services to provide like a product. Then Fiverr is the place you want to engage with.
Introduction Video to Fiverr
- G2G - FREE TO JOIN - https://www.g2g.com : If you are a game player, you can use this website to make money by playing games. This website provides a market place for gamers. Gamers can buy or sell their game accounts, game points, and other gaming items using this game market place website. G2G Solution Suite provides a comprehensive online marketplace solution for gamers to buy and sell anything gaming related. G2G offers a revolutionized online transaction platform that is fully governed and secured by service called Gamer Protect; where both sellers and buyers can enjoy absolute peace of mind.
Introduction Video to G2G
- Micro Workers - FREE TO JOIN - https://www.microworkers.com : Microworkers is an innovative, International online platform that connects Employers and Workers from around the world. Its unique approach guarantees Employers that a task paid is a task successfully done, while Workers that successfully complete a job get paid. The tasks assigned to Workers and paid for by Employers are simple and quick, mostly completed in a few minutes, thus they are called "microjobs”. These tasks include data mining, data categorization, data tagging, data labeling, data matching, sentiment analysis, event sequencing, transcription, content comparison, content evaluation, surveys, research studies, application testing and so much more. Joining Microworkers is free, and as an International site, anyone from any country can be a member. The payout limit is $9. Payments are sent via Paypal, or Moneybookers (Skrill) or Payoneer. Payment through Dwolla is available to US citizens. Payment through Local Funds Transfer via Transpay is available in selected countries.
Introduction Video to Micro Workers
- PICOWORKES - FREE TO JOIN - https://picoworkers.com : Picoworkers is a freelancing, outsourcing, and crowdsourcing marketplace. Picoworkers connect Employers and Workers globally from all over the World. Through this marketplace, Employers can hire Workers to do work in areas such as promoting on social networks, writing, testing websites, data entry, downloading, searching, installing and testing mobile apps right through to language learning, sales and marketing, accounting and legal services. This website is very similar to Microworks website. This service is not applicable to Sri Lankans because still, PayPal does not support money receiving for Sri Lankan accounts. The payout limit is $5.
Introduction Video to PICOWORKERS
- Amazon Mechanical Turk - FREE TO JOIN - https://www.mturk.com : Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) is a crowdsourcing marketplace that makes it easier for individuals and businesses to outsource their processes and jobs to a distributed workforce who can perform these tasks virtually. This could include anything from conducting simple data validation and research to more subjective tasks like survey participation, content moderation, and more. MTurk enables companies to harness the collective intelligence, skills, and insights from a global workforce to streamline business processes, augment data collection and analysis, and accelerate machine learning development. While technology continues to improve, there are still many things that human beings can do much more effectively than computers, such as moderating content, performing data deduplication, or research. Traditionally, tasks like this have been accomplished by hiring a large temporary workforce, which is time-consuming, expensive and difficult to scale, or have gone undone. Crowdsourcing is a good way to break down a manual, time-consuming project into smaller, more manageable tasks to be completed by distributed workers over the Internet (also known as ‘microtasks’).
Introduction Video to Amazon Mechanical Turk
- People Per Hour – FREE TO JOIN AND WORK FOR FIRST 3 MONTHS - https://www.peopleperhour.com : PeoplePerHour started in 2007 with a pen, pad and telephone. A lot has changed since then but our goals remain the same: connect businesses to our community of expert freelancers who are available to hire by the hour or project, provide flexibility to work when it suits you, outside the archaic 9-to-5 day, and enable people to live their work dream. So far People Per Hour connected over 1 million businesses and freelancers and paid over £135 million to freelancers.
- Work.LK - FREE TO JOIN - https://work.lk : Work.lk is a Freelance market place dedicated to freelancers in Sri Lanka. Do you offer a service? You can sign up as a Freelancer on Work.lk and bid on Projects (Requirements) on the site. Do you want work done? You can submit your Project (Requirement) on Work.lk and get proposals from potential Freelancers.
- Ona Wedak – FREE TO JOIN - ONLY FOR SRI LANKAN - https://www.onawadak.lk : New way to find people to do your jobs. If you are one of those thousands of people who struggle to find people to do jobs or struggle to find jobs, this is for you.
- FREELANCER - FREE TO JOIN - https://www.freelancer.com : You can find just about any job you can imagine. We have jobs ranging from delivery to website development. You can find a variety of jobs that suit you on Freelancer.com. Just complete your profile and let us know your skill sets so we can match you to the right jobs.
- GURU - FREE TO JOIN - https://www.guru.com : Guru.com is an expression of our beliefs that we hold close to our hearts. It's one thing to simply provide a platform where Employers and Freelancers can work together. It's another to do it in our own unique way. GURU strives to be the premier platform where professionals go to connect, collaborate, and get work done. We believe that the best work is done in a flexible and secure environment. With transparency comes trust, and with a community that's built on meritocracy, people are eager to set aside differences in geography, politics, and religion to share and profit from economic opportunities. Since 1998, we have been working tirelessly out of our offices in Pittsburgh, PA, and Noida, India to turn these aspirations into reality. We have developed a close bond with our users. As their needs have changed, we have evolved our platform to provide the tools and support they want. Our users teach us, we learn and we grow. We invite you to become a part of our expanding community!
2. Start your own website
There is enough material available online to help create your own website. This includes choosing the domain, templates, and the design for your website. Once ready to service the visitors with the relevant content, sign up for Google Adsense, which when appear on your website and clicked by visitors helps you make money. The more the traffic you get on your website, the more will be the potential for higher earnings.
3. Affiliate marketing
Once your website is up and running, opt for affiliate marketing by allowing companies to insert web links on to your site. When visitors to your site buy products or services by clicking on such links, you earn out from it.
4. Surveys and searches and reviews
There are several websites offering money to undergo online surveys, carry out online searches, and write reviews on products. To get the credit, one needs to disclose certain information to them including one's banking details. This is why you should use this route with utmost care. Some of them may even ask you to register with them before working on projects. The most important watch out in such projects is to stay away from websites offering money that appears too good to be true. Be careful while evaluating the reputation of the website as many of them could be a scam. Most sites promote businesses showing copies of cheque payments which may have been given to the middlemen only.
5. Virtual assistantship
Doing all the corporate stuff from one's home is what a virtual assistant (VA) does. VAs basically work remotely with their clients and manage the aspects of their business that they are too busy to handle themselves. When you work as a virtual assistant, you can choose to work as an employee or you can set up your own business.
VAs are skilled, home-based professionals that offer companies, businesses, and entrepreneurs administrative support. Some of the major areas of work include making phone calls, email correspondence, Internet research, data entry, scheduling appointments, editing, writing, bookkeeping, marketing, blog management, proofreading, project management, graphic design, tech support, customer service, event planning, and social media management.
Becoming a VA can entail some degree of training or briefing, depending on your qualifications. However, if you have good communication skills and are capable of using applications like MS Office, you can just sign up on sites such as Elance.com, 24/7 Virtual Assistant, Assistant Match, eaHelp, Freelancer, FlexJobs, People Per Hour, Uassist. Me, Upwork, VaVa Virtual Assistants, Virtual Staff Finder, Worldwide 101, Ziptask, Zirtual and so on. A VA my expect earnings in the range of Rs 500-Rs 4,000 per hour.
Knowing a language other than English may even help you earn some extra bucks. There are several websites that offer translation projects that require translating a document from one language into another. This may include Spanish, French, Arab, German, or any other language to or from English.
For many, this can make the task rather time-consuming and therefore they hire translators available online from anywhere across the globe. Several websites such as Freelancer.in, Fiverr.com, worknhire.com or Upwork.com offers you a platform to be a professional translator.
Those who do not have the knowledge or do not have the time to complete their projects on their own put up their work on these platforms where you can register and start bidding on translation jobs and get paid in the range of Rs 1-Rs 5 per word. This can go up to Rs 10 for some languages.
7. Online teaching/tutoring
If you are an expert in a particular subject, you can earn by tutoring people online. Online tutoring provides a means to connect online with students of all ages, across the country to provide homework help and tutoring in the subjects for which you have demonstrated expertise.
One may sign up on websites like Vedantu.com, MyPrivateTutor.com, BharatTutors.com, tutorindia.net as an online tutor by creating a profile, and listing the subjects or classes you want to teach, how much experience you have, what your qualifications are, etc. Some of the platforms may offer flexible and convenient time to work as an online tutor.
Most platforms follow the process that will ask you to apply by filling in a simple form, and then a teaching demo will have to give their experts. Once selected, documentation and profile creation will be done, followed by training and induction webinar. Once you attend the webinar, you will be listed as a teacher and will get your online sessions to conduct. Beginners can make around Rs 200 per hour, which can increase to Rs 500 as you gain experience and expertise.
8. Social media/Social Networks
In addition to interacting with friends and strangers, social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat can be used to make money. Companies and popular brands pay social media strategists to further boost the popularity of their products. With lots of competition around and the constantly shortening of attention time of online viewers, creativity is essential to create posts, videos etc that can go viral quickly and enhance the brand value. Remember, social media needs dedicated time and energy to stay relevant. Hence, you need to share posts regularly and interact with your followers on a regular basis.
9. Web designing
Not all business owners are tech savvy but the need of the hour is to have a website of their own. Those who have a knack for all- things- tech, especially related to websites, can help small businesses set up their own websites and earn from it. Coding and web designing are essential ingredients in setting up websites. Further, websites need maintenance and may require frequent updates, which may add to one's revenue. Depending on the client and job, a single project can fetch you anywhere between Rs 20,000 and Rs 1 lakh.
10. Content writing
Online platforms can be a good starting point. Depending on the quality of the articles, one gets paid. One may be asked to work upon articles with specific guidelines as well. Develop a niche in your area of expertise and build strength in that domain to increase the revenue stream.
It starts with a hobby, interest, and passion and soon blogging becomes a career option for many bloggers. There are a number of full-time bloggers in the country. There are two ways to start a blog: you can either create a blog through Wordpress or Tumblr, which requires no investment or go for a self-hosted blog.
In the case of the latter, you will have to spend money on domain name and server hosting space that can cost you between Rs 3,000-Rs 5,000 a year. Self-hosted blogs have an added advantage that it allows you to customize the elements and functionality of your website. In the case of the former, you need to make peace with the tools and plug-ins made available by the service provider.
You may monetize the blogs through ads, product reviews, and so on. But remember, earning through blogging may also take a lot of time and effort. For some, it may take as long as a year to actually earn through blogging.
If you are not comfortable in penning down your thoughts through blogs and content writing, make use of your camera to create a video presentation. Create your YouTube channel, upload videos and start monetizing them. Choose a category or subject that you want to make videos on and get started, but make sure it's a topic that will interest a lot of people. Everything from cooking shows to political debates can find many takers on YouTube. You have to create a YouTube channel, which works on a similar model as a blog. As you make your channel popular and the number of subscribers grows, so will your earning potential. The payment one gets is based on every thousand views.
13. Kindle eBook
If writing books interests you, an option you have is to self-publish eBooks and paperbacks with Kindle Direct Publishing and reach millions of readers on Amazon. Publishing takes less than 5 minutes and your book appears on Kindle stores worldwide within 24-48 hours. One can earn up to 70 percent royalty on sales to customers in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, India, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and so on. One can keep control of one's rights and set their own list prices and also make changes to one's books at any time. BooksFundr and Pblishing.com are two other places to get your book published and earn money.
14. Selling your products online
If you want to sell products online, you may can it by creating your own website. As there's a lot of competition and several existing websites in place already catering to this market, an attempt to create a niche in terms of products may be considered. Or, you can use the platform such as Amazon, Flipkart to sell. One can increase reach and visibility through affiliate marketing.
15. PTC also is known as Paid to Click sites
Several websites offer money (after a minimum level of earning) by clicking on advertisements. Hence, they are called paid-to-click (PTC) sites. One has to get registered before the project begins. Not all of these sites could be genuine, so be careful. One may also refer friends and earn money in the process. Some such sites are ClixSense.com, BuxP and NeoBux are some of such PTC sites.
16. Peer to peer
Similar to e-commerce websites such as Amazon and OLX, a peer-to-peer (P2P) platform is a marketplace for money lending activities. You can lend money to others in a more organized and structured manner using the P2P lending platform. The P2P platforms have the recovery process in place and one should understand it before using the services of the platform. Since this is an unsecured loan where there is no face-to-face interaction, a P2P lender needs to be aware of the risks involved. Currently, the interest rate earned can be anywhere from 13 percent to 30 percent.
17. Data entry
Although this line of work is seriously threatened by automation, there are still plenty of data entry jobs available in India. It is one of the simplest jobs you can do online and requires no special skills. You just have to have a computer, Internet connection, fast typing skills, and the ability to pay attention to details. Most freelancing websites list these jobs, and you can sign up on any of them to start earning in the range of Rs 300 to Rs 1,500 per hour.
18. Uploading videos to video streaming websites
There is so many free video streaming website on the internet. Website likes http://streamplay.to, http://powvideo.net, and https://cloudvideo.tv. Using these websites you can upload your videos and earn money for views. You can publish your videos using links and increase views of your videos. As an example think like this. You know that there are so many TV series and movies that hard to find online for free. you can find or captured these videos and upload them to the above-mentioned websites. Then you can publish those video links into your own websites or websites likes https://www1.swatchseries.to. Millions of people visit these kinds of websites to watch their favorite TV series and movies. Using this high traffic you can raise the number of views for your uploaded videos.
Source: Some data in this article collected from https://economictimes.indiatimes.com