- iPhone 5S and later, iPod touch 6th & 7th gen, iPad Air, iPad mini 2 and later, Apple Watch Series 1 and later
According to the Apple security advisory below are 3 major security flaws,
- CVE-2020-27930: A memory corruption issue in the FontParser library that allows for remote code execution when processing a maliciously crafted font.
- CVE-2020-27932: A memory initialization issue that allows a malicious application to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges.
- CVE-2020-27950: A type of confusion issue that makes it possible for a malicious application to disclose kernel memory.
- Exposing private information to unauthorized parties
- Unauthorized access
- Malware infections
- Update to the latest iOS versions (Fixes are available for the iOS versions iOS 12.4.9 and 14.2, iPadOS 14.2, watchOS 5.3.9, 6.2.9, and 7.1, and as a supplemental update for macOS Catalina 10.15.7)
The information provided herein is on an "as is" basis, without warranty of any kind.
Source: Sri Lanka CERT - https://www.cert.gov.lk/