Firefox Zero-Day Vulnerability
- Firefox versions below 72.0.1
- Firefox ESR versions below 68.4.1
Vulnerability allows an attacker to crash the application or perform code execution.
Vulnerability (CVE-2019-17026) is currently available above Firefox versions on your windows, Linux or Mac. Vulnerability labeled as ‘type confusion vulnerability’ which resides on IonMonkey just-in-time (JIT) compiler of Mozilla’s Java Script engine called Spider Monkey.
Due to this vulnerability the code doesn’t verify what objects it is passed to and blindly uses it without checking its type, which will allow an attacker to crash the application or to perform code execution.
- Crash the application.
- Install backdoors and spyware.
- Data and configuration modifications.
- Distribute malicious programs.
- Update the latest version of the Mozilla’s Firefox on Windows, Linux and Mac.
The information provided herein is on "as is" basis, without warranty of any kind.